Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /usr/www/agweb/public/xen/library/Zend/Registry.php on line 206

Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /usr/www/agweb/public/xen/library/Zend/Registry.php on line 206

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Privacy Policy has been updated as of 3/23/2018. Please take a moment to read the new Privacy Policy. You can find the new Privacy Policy by going to the footer of the page and clicking the Privacy Policy link.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Allied-Gaming!

Great Grandma Edna

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoobNitro, Feb 24, 2018.

1. GoobNitro

GoobNitro Co-Owner Staff Member Co-Owner

Normally I would never make a post like this as many of you know I'm a very private person when it comes to things related to my family, however for some reason I feel the need to share this.

Yesterday my great grandma Edna died at 99 years old. I didn't know her as well as I should have, but she will always have a special place in my heart. You see when I was a younger child all I wanted to do was host my own Minecraft community. I asked and begged anyone willing to listen for money or access to their box to start up my own server. Everyone I talked to told me it was stupid or pointless, a waiste of money, etc etc. Even pops didn't want anything to do with and he's a bigger gamer than most in AG. Well you see this is where it becomes special. It was my great grandma Edna who at Christmas later that year pulled me aside and gave me 400$ to start up my very own server. She just wanted me to be happy and wanted me to be able to do what I loved and wanted for so long. You see I've always been a gamer, but it wasn't till she gave me that money and explained to me that this would only happen once and it was up to me to decide where it went from there, that I learned to respect it. Even though I haven't been the best owner over the years and I've definitely made my mistakes, after her passing I've come to realize if it weren't for her giving me that money back when I was a kid, I wouldn't be doing what I am now. I wouldn't have been there to join AG and I wouldn't have been there to take it over. Because of her I now have this second family that means more to me than I can put into words. Because of her I have been happy, the best gift anyone can ask for. Because of her I know I'll be ok for as long as I'm willing to try.

I usually hate it when people ask this on social media because I'm not very religious, but if all of you can think of that person in your life that meant more to you than you knew, until they were gone and just take a moment of silence to thank them, I know that would mean a lot to me and her.

I will forever miss her and the lessons she taught me every time I saw her. Goodbye Gear Grandma Edna. RIP

2. Jacob

Jacob Life ain't shit but a fat vagina. - Kendrick Lamar Staff Member Root

RIP man, sorry for your loss.

3. Deathlockdestro

Deathlockdestro I would rather kill myself than commit suicide.

I'm sorry for your loss, she sounds like a wonderful woman.

4. Mr. Richard Cranium

Mr. Richard Cranium Yes, I'm a dickhead. Forum Admin

So sorry for you loss man. At least she's in a better place now and she sounds like a great woman.

5. Steedzz

Steedzz Server Admin: DC Multiverse RP Server Admin

Sorry for your loss, RIP

6. [Prototype]

[Prototype] Add me on Overwatch Prototype#11219 Server Head Admin

99, she lived a long life. Surely full of great memories, sorry to hear she passed.

7. Brontes

Brontes Throbbing Blood Tubes Forum Moderator Server High Admin Server Operator Teamspeak Staff

99, damn that's very lucky on her part, RIP
    Sorry to here about your loss

8. WBGJayceGaming

WBGJayceGaming Allied Member

9. Para

Para ♡ 100% weeb / qt pie ♡ Server Admin

I’m very sorry for your loss. I understand how it feels to lose a loved one. It hurts, but it makes us stronger.

10. Sky

Sky Worst AG Staff Member Server High Admin Server Admin Server Operator Server Operator Teamspeak Staff

Long life man, I had a great grandfather who lived up to 102 years of age and I really never got to talk to him and truly get to know him. However him just being alive for so long kind of lead me to believe that I could live a long nice life aswell. May your great grandmother rest in peace, man.

11. Michael Rosen

Michael Rosen Allied Member

Sorry for your loss, your grandma had a part in making you who you are today, so now through you she will always have a place. Most of us here know what losing a family member is like, and we will all be here for you to help you through this.

12. D_rules

D_rules Server Operator: TTT2 Server Operator

Im sorry For your loss. I know those words don't mean much, because people kinda have to say them y'know? And no matter what people say it probably will never ease the burden in your heart. Losing a loved one is tough and nothing can compare to the few memories you have with that person. I pray you and your family get through this together and I know you said you aren't a religious person but I will keep you and your families in my prayers. Thank you for being trusting enough to share this with us.

13. ✪eZ^

✪eZ^ Thread killer Staff Member Server Manager

What a bad ass accomplishment of living till 99. Sorry for your loss goob. Time heals all wounds

14. HoboFromtheFuture

HoboFromtheFuture I'm a Hobo

Sorry to hear about your loss, Goob. I too, know what it feels like to lose someone special like that. May your Great Grandmother rest in peace.

15. Frisbee

Frisbee Allied Member

reminds me of my great grandma edna.... Rest In Peace...

16. Farid

Farid The devil was once an angel. Artist

The word is waste is misspelled.

But overall sorry for you loss.

17. sawilson

sawilson Allied Member

Dang 99. Wow longer than any of my relatives lived. You sure had a great grandmother.

18. Subsy

Subsy Hi Retired

Sad she spent that money and put her trust in you even though you failed at the server. Jk <3 Love you

My granddad passed away about 2 weeks ago and he was one of the greatest person I knew, other than when he swore in front of a bunch of younger family members, so I understand what you're feeling. She honestly sounded like a great woman that wanted to make people happy and succeed in their hobbies and interests. Make sure to always remember her, even if you weren't close to her, she helped you experience many different things from this community, such as a position of leadership and organization. Rest In Peace

19. ChinkyDog

ChinkyDog Remember, No Russian Retired

Goob, lost my dear grandma Betty at 100 years old, I'm still going through this as the funeral was just 2 weeks ago. She lived across the street from me for 17 years. I saw her watering her plants every day despite her age, she was driving until 2 weeks before her death, and was healthy and fit as a fiddle. She died in the middle of the night due to natural causes and none of us saw it coming. I am only now realizing how empty it feels to wake up and see her yard empty every morning. Didn't think it would be this hard. Stay strong goob. I'm truly sorry for your loss, didn't mean to make this about me so forgive me.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  20. MelonsRule

MelonsRule The one and only Staff Member Server Manager Server Admin

My sincerest condolences for your loss, I know what it feels like to lose a loved one. She's in a better place, and I know she's happy wherever she is, as well as watching over, proudly, at a grandson like you.