Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /usr/www/agweb/public/xen/library/Zend/Registry.php on line 206

Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /usr/www/agweb/public/xen/library/Zend/Registry.php on line 206

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Privacy Policy has been updated as of 3/23/2018. Please take a moment to read the new Privacy Policy. You can find the new Privacy Policy by going to the footer of the page and clicking the Privacy Policy link.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Allied-Gaming!

Serious Discussion My Concerns About AG

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by lazyboy900, Dec 31, 2017.

1. lazyboy900

lazyboy900 Hi, I'm new.

Recently, Allied-Gaming has seen a major downfall in player-base, servers, and overall player activity throughout all servers, including forums. With this downfall, I think AG needs to go under some jurassic changes in many different aspects. If AG doesn’t do something soon, I think the community as a whole could go under, and a lot of people would be left out in the cold with nowhere to go for TeamSpeak, Forums, and Servers.

First things first:

With our current server population throughout the past month, across all server you can clearly tell that it has gone down A LOT. What I think we need do, is take down DCRP, to bring up a MilitaryRP. MilitaryRP brought in an ass load of donations for the community in the very short time it was up (about five months). From the donations that I calculated, together they added up to about $535 total.

Secondly:

The reason I think the savior server should be a MilitaryRP is not because of the donations alone, but because there has been a lot of posts about people wanting to bring back a MRP, which have all been denied even though the community supported them. Bringing a MilitaryRP wouldn’t just revive the community, it would get people excited for new content and servers coming back to AG like in the old days. Whenever a server that the community wants comes up (like back in the day) people would go nuts, and people enjoyed and played those for that reason, which brought the playerbase up, and eventually bringing more people and more donations into the community.

Final Statement:

This will help the current situation by bringing more people into the community and bringing more money so we can expand further on down the road. During the past 30 days, DCRP has no more than 20 players on at once (https://gyazo.com/c8fda90ada11e16587f29bbec9a37a42).
    On the contrary, in the past 7 days DCRP had no more than 11 players (https://gyazo.com/31d72dddc73b2a1d5b2da792d780f42d). In the past 24 Hours DCRP had no more than 11 players on (https://gyazo.com/3809cfea92b270b3bc1d23d6ca70c3bd). So if we take DCRP down for a little bit and put it on the back burner we can evolve as a community with MilitaryRP and the 2 TTT servers. All in all, bringing MilitaryRP would help us get financially set, considering we did just downgrade our box, which did kill some of our server’s playerbase. And for this suggestion, if the community backs it like it has for other MilitaryRP suggestions, please try not to overlook it if it is what the community really wants.

Thanks to @Brontes for editing this so I don’t seem 100% stupid :)

2. WBGJayceGaming

WBGJayceGaming Allied Member

+1
    I've played MilitaryRP only once and
    it seemed really fun, I don't understand
    why it hasn't been brought back.

3. Dark

Dark Entry Fragger/Secondary AWPer Staff Member Forum Moderator Teamspeak Staff

You know for how many times I expressed this towards @GoobNitro , and occasionally @P2 it didn't seem like they cared or show any type of concern, I was always left on read, I even volunteered to help with the donations towards the servers if they would step up there game. They could have even messaged me back to see some options/ideas that we could try and take a risk.
    It's about damn time we bring more things back and take chances/risks to help the community grow more and come back together and not just let it die.
    We are all basically a big family around here and I couldn't tell you how many times this community has helped me get through things that I never thought I could.
    @lazyboy900 is right.
    This was a 100% needed post.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  4. Sky

Sky Worst AG Staff Member Server High Admin Server Admin Server Operator Server Operator Teamspeak Staff

+1 I'll literally be on 24/7, and I can be such a help to this server. MRP is such a great gamemode, it's gotten to the point where I play on another community's MRP because I crave it so much.

5. Crow 1607

Crow 1607 Server Admin: GMOD TTT #2 Server Admin Server Operator Teamspeak Staff

+1 I 100% agree with this, I feel like it’s the push AG needs to keep going forward, many people have expressed wanting it back many times, i wouldn’t even mind helping with the server, I also agree with Dalton, I wouldn’t mind chipping in some money to help make this happen, I don’t want to see the AG family go.

6. Esbelto

Esbelto GankSpankMeDaddy GMOD Developer

Taking initiative, promote ahead of peers, I like that ranger spirit you got there buddy. HOOAH

7. Kawaii

Kawaii I'm a guy Staff Member Server Manager

with 2 gmod devs and lazyboy's experience I'm sure this will work, +1.

8. Brontes

Brontes Throbbing Blood Tubes Forum Moderator Server High Admin Server Operator Teamspeak Staff

+1
    I know LUA and FTP don't worry :D

9. P2

P2 Noob Staff Member Co-Owner

Donations aren't the only thing that should be taken into account when thinking of a server, because of the box change we did lose a lot of players since the IP's of the servers changed but it also drastically lowered our monthly costs by a lot meaning we should be able to keep the community going for a lot longer. If the servers do go under and we lose all population that's ok, teamspeak will always be there and if we ever do decide to open up a server we always have that possibility.

Now onto the MilitaryRP server, I don't like how you went by doing this. If you felt like DCRP isn't going to work out anymore you should of just resigned. Now by publicly saying you want a MilitaryRP server instead of DCRP you are basically dooming it. You are the SM, the server's well being is your first priority. I know that you and your staff feel like MilitaryRP is a better way to go but I feel like theres no point in DCRP anymore if everyone working on it thinks its time to work on another server.

If people want to work on a server then so be it, I don't want to discourage anyone from wanting to work on servers. If i'm not mistaken we have 2 other servers in development right now. I will be speaking to Goob about the whole MilitaryRP server to see what decision we come to regarding it.

10. P2

Since you decided to make this public I will give my opinion on the matter, we didn't reply to you regarding the whole you donating monthly for power thing is because we felt like you aren't ready for any type of higher power. Don't get me wrong Dalton, you are a wonderful member and have done a lot for the community and I appreciate all of it but being a higher up is something completely different. You crack under pressure which is something we have seen before if we take a look back on the times you resigned when things were getting tough. We were in a very tight situation the last few months but thankfully we are in a better situation financially now, we arent out of the woods just yet but we are getting closer thanks to all the members who graciously donated this month.

11. Dark

Dark Entry Fragger/Secondary AWPer Staff Member Forum Moderator Teamspeak Staff

100% understandable, I do remember everything from the past, but I always pushed that to the side. I really do enjoy helping out and that is why I decided to be a support to the whole community without all the power. In all honesty, I got my positions that I enjoy and this is about as far as I will go. Forums & TeamSpeak are the things I truly love and enjoy helping out the most. So, I will always continue to help in every way I can, it just felt bad when I don't get a response at times from you guys, and I don't want to make that sound like an argument.

12. Steedzz

Steedzz Server Admin: DC Multiverse RP Server Admin

I like DCRP if that means anything, and I feel one day in the future the player-base will become greater because we did suffer from the IP change when people were starting to know the server actually existed. Also before the IP change DCRP had a great 2 week period which included the server having over 15 people on at the peek times and 2 or more donations so in my opinion if we keep working on it the server will be rejuvenated! I also do think MRP is a good idea because many people in the community like it (including me) so if there is any way to meet in the middle i think it would be a perfect scenario.
    - Sorry if some of this doesn't make sense im tired :)

13. Survivor

Survivor Survivor Staff Member GMOD Division Manager

First off, with your donation argument DCRP in its prime (first few months) made well between 600-1500$ (Not going to say exact numbers, but I calculated last year sometime in December.

All server that had a massive boom in darkrp genera game mode give loads of money. Any server with a good population does...

DCRP is unique and special, not many other people have attempted to make servers in this game mode / game type. I'd much have us make DCRP boom then start fresh with another server.

Another problem, MilitaryRP has a lot of competition, I'll bring you a proposition after my hangover tomorrow.

As P2 said before we are working on 2 server currently, we can't really start fresh completely with 3 server we need a constant server.

- Sorry for bad grammar or whatever, on phone and tipsy.

14. Esbelto

Esbelto GankSpankMeDaddy GMOD Developer

You act like they don't do background work in the community. Calm down.
    There's a lot of background work y'all don't even know of that's gonna help expand the community, trust me they're trying their hardest right now.

15. Kiwi

Kiwi Allied Messenger F1 Squad

So, comparing the two. DCRP and Military RP, MilitaryRP has the community backing it, has the SM of the DCRP Server backing it, more popular, increased chances of donations, and finally has a higher chance of attracting new people to the community. DCRP has...nothing going for it, from what I've seen so far. MilitaryRP Sounds like a much better idea than DCRP, not to hate on DCRP, but considering the servers population in the last week, 11 people I think? I don't think it would be worth to keep the server going. MilitaryRP I'm sure would be more successful then the current DCRP server, hopefully if this does go through we will eventually see an increase in forum activity and donations. +1 from me.

16. P2

All in all, I'm happy to see that there are people like Lazy and everyone else who replied/posted that still care enough about the community to make a post like this. While I don't agree with how lazy went by doing this I don't want to waste potential, and if the militaryRP is what our members want we will make it happen.

17. HoboFromtheFuture

HoboFromtheFuture I'm a Hobo

As much as I would love the idea of playing on a AG MRP server, I don't know if killing DCRP is the right way of doing this. If what @Survivor is true (and I'm not saying it isn't), then obviously, we did something right with DC. Now I know there hasn't been much activity on DC recently, most likely due to the fact that most of our player base is on the younger side, and have their families to be around, but if we just give DC maybe another month or so, hopefully we can get back to our normal activity on the server. All-in-all, I believe that DCRP is a great server, but if it doesn't work out ( Which I'm afraid to say, I don't think it will), then maybe we should do MRP. Military RP has a way bigger player base than any DC comic related server, and we should take that into consideration when choosing what to do with the future of our servers. Over all, +1 for MRP, -1 for taking down DC (at the moment).

18. Sky

Sky Worst AG Staff Member Server High Admin Server Admin Server Operator Server Operator Teamspeak Staff

Not to target you, but to point out that even when DCRP had a so called, grace period and had like 15 players on most of the time, that's still not nearly enough to save the server. As proven by the fact it died even before the IP's were changed. According to Lazy's statistics the server was still bad even when it had the most players on it in a MONTH. To express it more, our old MRP server was heavily populated before any of the drama with the terrible higher ups.

19. QuitTrying

QuitTrying Stand up for others who need it

Why don't we just take away csgo servers and add on a militaryRP and keep DCRP? Cause we all know CSGO Is a no go for servers. People are more attracted too the " !ws, !knife " Commands, Which we cannot use because they are blacklisted to valves terms of service ( As i believe ). It will keep a server running and add a new one that could possible fork in donations.

( IK there already down and such ) But i think we shouldent think of csgo servers for now and just focus on GMOD

20. Strekki

Strekki Old Dog New Tricks F1 Squad

I'll be honest I only read the first line and the title of the thread but to my understanding you're concerned about having low / no population. Wanna know why? Here's why in two words.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS

There's 400,000+ people playing the game at any given time, Source games are knowingly outdated and are dying incredibly fast. TF2, Gmod, CSGO, CSS, every single Source game (Games running on the Source engine) is dying very fast, and it isn't at the fault of the communities, its just that they're old games and that's how it works.

Allied-Gaming isn't to blame, other communities aren't doing half as good as us, EVERY community is dying along with their games. It isn't the Owners fault, it isn't the Staffs fault, and it isn't the players fault. New games are here, time to embrace it.