Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /usr/www/agweb/public/xen/library/Zend/Registry.php on line 206

Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /usr/www/agweb/public/xen/library/Zend/Registry.php on line 206

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Privacy Policy has been updated as of 3/23/2018. Please take a moment to read the new Privacy Policy. You can find the new Privacy Policy by going to the footer of the page and clicking the Privacy Policy link.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Allied-Gaming!

Server Suggestion Please allow point_servercommand/clientcommand to properly execute.

Discussion in '[AG] Trouble in Terrorist Town' started by Princess_CS, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Princess_CS

Princess_CS Allied Member Mapper

Currently point_servercommand/clientcommand are blocked on the TTT server, which is doing more harm than good.

Servercommand is a really easy and efficient way to get things to work within a map, like making sure certain timing is on point, making things break after a certain time, etc.

Having it disabled/not allowed causes issues like this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IN GAME VIEW

[​IMG]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IN HAMMER VIEW

[​IMG]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On my new rework of rooftops, i added a brush that will keep players from falling off the building accidentally suiciding and or needing to be teleported pre-round, or getting frustrated because they fell off and died on round start, and rtving/leaving the server.

This is a really good fix, and solves one of the biggest
    problems the original skyscraper had
    (players jumping off the side of the building
    to a windowledge but missing and dying)

but it wont work correctly because point_servercommand is disabled.

I understand the reason you want it disabled, as some mappers throw ads into their maps via point_servercommand, but the pros far outweigh the cons, as having it disabled can oftentimes mess up or outright ruin a map that relies on them for key functions, like my new one.

@ChinkyDog can probably weigh in as well, seeing as he maps also.

Hopefully this reaches whoever has the ability to change that.
    Gonna tag the higher up peeps I know, since idk who handles this typa shit.

@Sonicc
    @Bunyip
    @SoBe

P.S. - Mapper position? :]

JavoTechnic likes this.
  2. Princess_CS

3. ChinkyDog

ChinkyDog Remember, No Russian Retired

I think sonicc had it enabled a few months back , can't remember too well

4. Princess_CS

@GoobNitro @SoBe @Bunyip @Sonicc

Hi. My new map is ready (with another partially done) and i changed quite a bit of stuff to accommodate servers
    that dont whitelist point_servercommand, but theres still some pretty important stuff i cant use workarounds for!

Whitelist please or ill be a really sad Princess ty​

5. flex

flex Retakes SM | CSGO Mapper

The pros do not outweigh the cons. There are many ways that this can be abused, I would suggest to use a timer instead. You can achieve the same thing with a timer.

SoBe likes this.
  6. Sir Gordon

Sir Gordon Where's the lamb sauce!?!?!?

Explain for us normal folk

7. flex

flex Retakes SM | CSGO Mapper

Having allowed access to pointservercommand is basically giving a mapper RCON through a map. They can have preset buttons/triggers that can basically do anything they want that is possible through RCON. @Ididntoucher

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  8. SoBe

SoBe Always Depressed Retired Teamspeak Staff

@Princess_CSWhat will not work on your map if this is not enabled, you said there is some "pretty important stuff" what stuff are you referring to?

9. Princess_CS

Thats not at all possible anymore lol. That functionality was removed because of the exact reason you stated, had i wanted to i could override server settings, give myself admin on a server, access rcon etc with point_servercommand, but those issues have long since been fixed and the only "con" of having it enabled is the occasional "map by genericcommunity.com" alert that will show up once a round, for a few seconds.

@SoBe Yes having it on is essential to a lot of map functions, as well as timers, server settings, map settings, etc. Lmk whoever i need to talk to to convince them cause theres absolutely 0 risk of anything malicious by having it enabled, as shown by the multitude of other communities that have it whitelisted with 0 problems :P

@Ididntoucher there

10. SoBe

@Sonicc @Bunyip need ur guys inputs

11. JavoTechnic

JavoTechnic I'm not depressed it's just my voice.

12. Subsy

Subsy Hi Retired

They already got the map out lol

13. Princess_CS

im gonna hit you.

@Bunyip @SoBe @Sonicc @GoobNitro @JavoTechnic @everyone @godhimself IT NEEDS TO BE WHITELISTED HOLY HECK NOTHING MALICIOUS IS EVEN POSSIBLE WITH THIS HECKIN SHIT PLS JUST DO IT FML U GUYS HURT MY FACE

14. Bunyip

Bunyip Hi, I'm not that new. Teamspeak Staff

We talked about this.

15. Princess_CS

IDK WHAT EVER HAPPENS ITS JUST SOBE BE LIKE

XDDDD MAP WORKS FINE U SILLY GURL NOT NEEDED XD

and then i get ANGERY

JavoTechnic likes this.
  16. Bunyip

Bunyip Hi, I'm not that new. Teamspeak Staff

Riiight. Okay.

17. SoBe

I mean it does work fine :P

18. Princess_CS

it doesnt u heckin idiot -_-

19. JavoTechnic

JavoTechnic I'm not depressed it's just my voice.

@SoBe i don't see why it's a problem to enable it if the original problem the higher ups were worried about is no longer a problem let the girl have some space to work with

Princess_CS likes this.
  20. SoBe

Its not my decision to enable it tho :P