Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /usr/www/agweb/public/xen/library/Zend/Registry.php on line 206

Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /usr/www/agweb/public/xen/library/Zend/Registry.php on line 206

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Privacy Policy has been updated as of 3/23/2018. Please take a moment to read the new Privacy Policy. You can find the new Privacy Policy by going to the footer of the page and clicking the Privacy Policy link.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Allied-Gaming!

Bug / Glitch Signatures ruining the flow of the forums.

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussion' started by DigidyDOG, Mar 8, 2018.

1. DigidyDOG

DigidyDOG Legend Legend

I am going to classify this as a bug or glitch because I feel that it has recently become a problem that has been unnoticed.

I have started seeing people with signatures that have stacked youtube videos and what not that cause one 15 word response take up an entire 1080p window case inpoint @King Ross [This post is what I saw]

And then I have also noticed that this Gif that is on Prototype's signature is 66MB:
    [​IMG]
    so every time someone browses a page on the forums they have to download this gifs 66mb everytime at the speed at which I think imgur streams it at I have 300mpbs down but it still take the page 25-40 seconds to stream this from imgur. I know some people won't care about this but other who are on mobile, want their pages to load quick, or have small data caps are at the mercy of the gifs on the page.

The page with a ctrl+f5 transfered 75 total MB, 66 of those where that 1 gif. I don't know its not a huge deal but the signatures make the forums discussions not flow. Just keep that in mind when you are surfing the forums.

If you ctrl+f5 this page it should take less than 3 seconds to load but takes the above mentioned 40+ seconds

I would like to see at most 1 youtube video allowed in a signature (or only links and not thumbnails) and a image size limit of 1 mb

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  2. DigidyDOG

DigidyDOG Legend Legend

Nevermind. Kind of suck this can be fixed with a preference in your preferences because I like to see what people have in the signatures that are creative but I guess I will just use this feature in the preferences.

3. NaisA-

NaisA- Co-Owner Co-Owner

There can be a size limit on signatures put in, but yeah just hide the person's individual signature.

4. P2

P2 Noob Staff Member Co-Owner

I always thought prototype's signature was taking to long to load because of my shitty internet. I agree this is a problem that needs to be fixed, I will talk to Asian about restricting signatures on new forums.

5. HoboFromtheFuture

HoboFromtheFuture I'm a Hobo

I don't get signatures on mobile

6. D_rules

D_rules Server Operator: TTT2 Server Operator

^ also I've never experienced any delay due to signatures

7. SnoopDoge

SnoopDoge 420 Blaze It Staff Member Forum Moderator Server Head Admin Teamspeak Staff

I've never had delay issues with sigs either.

8. King Ross

King Ross Grammar makes everything for some. Retired Teamspeak Staff

Why is it so hard to scroll another second and also I had to pay to get the option to put these in my signature anyway. One more thing is when you complained about this last time goob and p2 both said 4 is the max I am allowed to do because I used to do 5.

9. NaisA-

NaisA- Co-Owner Co-Owner

Most of us have good internet. I'm fortunate to have 80mb down, 10mb up. However, some people don't have good internet.

Digidy is describing this -

[​IMG]

As you can see, Prototype's .gif in his signature takes 12.2 seconds to load, even with my download speed. However, most people don't have the tools to compress or lower the quality of what they put into their signatures. I'm not too worried though, as many suggestions and problems with forums right now will be addressed at the global meeting.

10. D_rules

D_rules Server Operator: TTT2 Server Operator

lol 160 up and 36 down

11. DigidyDOG

DigidyDOG Legend Legend

This is exactly what I was looking at when I was making this post and using the information gathered from this to narrow it down. I was on a vpn on accident all day yesterday. I will do some more test right now...
    [​IMG]
    So it appears that my VPN was the main issue for the slow down yesterday but I still think for people that have slow internet or data caps this shouldn't have to be a problem

Side NOTE after disconnecting from my VPN I downloaded the entire crtl+f5 in under 3.5 seconds...whoops. MyB

@King Ross I don't mean you directly, I don't want to come off like I am attacking you, it was in general and that was the post I saw that made it stand out to me that there was too much signature for such little posted content. Even when you disable signatures like I have there is still a lot of blank space.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    And let me be clear this isn't anything you guys are at fault for its the theme then again I am using the older theme that no one cares about since its the best, so idk what the other new themes do but... ye I digress.

I can't wait to see what the new forums will look like, Asian please give me a night owl dark theme! Please BB.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  12. NaisA-

NaisA- Co-Owner Co-Owner

I think you'll enjoy what's to come. Now that I'm motivated to get stuff done again I'm pulling out a lot of stops.

13. King Ross

King Ross Grammar makes everything for some. Retired Teamspeak Staff

No I know that I was just making a smart ass remark :)

<3 Dig

14. [Prototype]

[Prototype] Add me on Overwatch Prototype#11219 Server Head Admin

I have 0 problem loading anyone's sigs. Perhaps there's a common denominator

15. Webster

Webster Forum Bum Teamspeak Staff

[​IMG]

lol xd 160 xdd 36 xdd

16. QuitTrying

QuitTrying Stand up for others who need it

You guys are just dumb as fuck, We can just spam media links in our Signature thats what i did before. And still do to this date, I only bought one youtube video signature and i got like 2-3 or some shit.

17. Tizona

Tizona Taliyah main xd Retired

jesus fuck