Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /usr/www/agweb/public/xen/library/Zend/Registry.php on line 206

Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /usr/www/agweb/public/xen/library/Zend/Registry.php on line 206

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Privacy Policy has been updated as of 3/23/2018. Please take a moment to read the new Privacy Policy. You can find the new Privacy Policy by going to the footer of the page and clicking the Privacy Policy link.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Allied-Gaming!

So this is boring.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tangy!, Aug 22, 2016.

Want new servers?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tangy!

Tangy! #Reformed. You don't wanna know who reformed me. Retired

Are there gonna be more servers that we can play on? I only see CS:GO servers and they seem fine to me, Shouldn't we focus on reviving Gmod or even putting out new servers for other games. Right now this community only looks like a CSGO Community and I'm not hating on CSGO. I play on the TTT server now and then but I'm getting a lil bored. I wanna play on Gmod servers or even 1.6 servers.

Kittenz likes this.
  2. FloJack

FloJack Mr. Peanus Weenus

I agree with you Tangy. However, it's just the the higher ups are so busy revamping the CSGO servers that they haven't started on the other servers. I'm sure they are bound to come at some point, just not in a near timeframe.

Cogito likes this.
  3. GamingPyra

GamingPyra I get drunk sometimes. Retired

Yes, but not right now, maybe after 1 month or 2 month, once the revamp for the CS:GO servers have been nearly completed.

Cogito likes this.
  4. Hydro

Hydro Forum Administrator Retired Artist

Hasn't this question been asked and answered multiple times before?

Mr. Richard Cranium and Cogito like this.
  5. Cogito

Cogito In Search of Sunrise Server Manager Teamspeak Staff

Over the last two weeks we have massively revamped both Jailbreak, and TTT. In fact we maxed out our TTT servers 32/32 twice in one day last week. Jailbreak is racking in enormous amounts of attentions check the applications section. We had a 5 hour meeting last night and reworked the whole point shop, and points. Donations are almost complete including VIP packages for servers teamspeak and forums. You may not know or see the progress, but it's there. We do not plan on spreading the community thinly over a bunch of servers, instead we will focus on one at a time. As a community we owe every server and its members due diligence. We will not rush, and we will do a great job the whole way.

Patience is a virtue - Good Vibes.

King Mike likes this.
  6. Kittenz

Kittenz Retired SM for CSGO TTT and current memelord

You may be looking at splitting the community into a bunch of other communities at this point. People who like GMOD play GMOD servers, and if you wait so long to set up at least the bare minimum for those guys, they will get impatient and find new GMOD servers etc.

7. Cogito

It's something we have considered deeply, and we have plans in motion already though I will not discuss them in till a further date.

8. ChinkyDog

ChinkyDog Remember, No Russian Retired

the max out of ttt was because of something completely different.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    Kittenz likes this.
  9. Tangy!

I don't hear anything from the owners. I just see these random posts about events and about what position is what. You see if you only focus on the CSGO servers for 2 months, Then you can consider this as a CS:GO Community. Because there won't be any gmod players left here. I saw so many people not get on for so long, And those people were always active in the last community, Not saying they stopped being active after the community switch. It's just because they saw that there were only CS:GO Servers running since the community switch.

Edit: This post is not about GMOD Entirely

ChinkyDog likes this.
  10. JavoTechnic

JavoTechnic I'm not depressed it's just my voice.

I'd like to eventually see that, but it would also be nice to have a server completely ready to go and with all the revamps I don't know if we would have time for that just yet.

Cogito likes this.
  11. ChinkyDog

ChinkyDog Remember, No Russian Retired

Revamps ?, I'm gonna be honest I have seen no noticeable change in the servers .

12. Cogito

Come hang out on the teamspeak i'll go over the list with you :D

ChinkyDog likes this.
  13. P2

P2 Noob Staff Member Co-Owner

I feel like i have explained this already but i don't mind doing it again and go in a bit more in-depth to make sure everyone understands why we are doing what we are doing.

After the split we took a hit and the only servers that made it through were CSGO TTT & Jailbreak, we tried to make sure all the servers made it through in a good condition but sadly due to situations that are to be expected when splitting only 2 servers made it through. Now if we look at it objectively(which i have to, it's my job) 1.6 was dead and had been for some time but looking at it from my standpoint it's where the community started and the heart of the community because if you haven't noticed most of the higher ups and notable members of the community were from the 1.6 servers. We lost the gmod playerbase with the situation with GLK which means we would have to re-build a playerbase from scratch and i wouldn't mind having to but not at the expense of the current servers which needed much work on. The point i'm trying to get at is, yes we want to expand and yes we would like to bring back the old servers if possible but we want to do it right and not half-ass it, that means we have to make sure our current servers are in a good and healthy place before actually committing to reviving gmod or 1.6.

TL;DR
    We need to work with what we got at the moment and all we have right now is our cs:go servers.

We did set up the "bare minimum" for people, which didn't turn out so well since we weren't ready to commit to reviving the servers since most of our attention was towards cs:go which needed the most attention as it was our only source of activity besides the teamspeak.

That's odd since i did post about this issue a few times.

http://allied-gaming.com/threads/bladezforsuperadmin.19216/#post-217754

http://allied-gaming.com/threads/wheres-all-the-cs-1-6-servers.18875/#post-216176

Cogito and Webster like this.
  14. Cogito

15. Tangy!

You took too long. Mad people left. I saw so many people join other communities. Can't say their names. I don't even see GMOD or 1.6 people talk or even shit talk on posts anymore. FeelsBadMan

16. Webster

Webster Forum Bum Teamspeak Staff

I'll always be around to shit post

17. P2

P2 Noob Staff Member Co-Owner

I'm sorry that I took too long tangy, I already explained why the Gmod servers took a while to set up(http://allied-gaming.com/threads/garrys-mod-servers-update.18980/) I tried my best but the situation was already out of my reach.

People can go wherever they please and if they choose to join another community then so be it, over the course of time new players will join and replace them. This is a gaming community, people come and go.

Cogito likes this.
  18. Madara うちはマダラ

Madara うちはマダラ Our Greatest Weakness Lies in giving up.

I honestly don't know why I am here because I cannot play csgo unless If I get on my dad's computer because my computer is a piece of shit
    I know why though..
    because I can hang out in Ts3 but I would like to have the cs 1.6 servers back but I don't see it happening for awhile..

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  19. The Game

The Game Rise Above [AGOD]

Let me tell you guys something... I myself am a 1.6 guy and if I were active enough today I would strive for and only for a 1.6 server. There's two ways we can look at this, 1 - we can open up a bunch of servers in different sections and hope for the best or 2 - we can establish and perfect what we have now and focus on each mod individually. AG is known for its 1.6 servers and Gmod servers and I completely believe that P2 is going to do everything in his powers to bring them back as soon as possible but there's some issues. Who can answer me this question? anybody can open up a server but why did we all get attached to our servers? We were unique and had our own little twist on things that made us great. I can tell you right now that I myself am actually working on speeding up this process and bringing back that love and passion we had for the games that United us together to begin with. We usually don't ask much from our members and I'm asking you guys out of a favor for me and that is give the higher ups a little bit of time. Reach out to higher members such as Goob, cogito and p2 and come up with a list of members ready to attack the servers they are looking for when they come live. The hardest part about opening up a server such as 1.6 is making sure we can have a decent population to back it up while it starts out. This community is focused on all of us, we are in this together so let's do this as a team. Let's reach out, and help everyone out.

My advice to the higher ups is to have some goals in place. Update us on situations, what is our current goal, future goal, what do we plan on accomplishing within the next month or couple months or even by the end of the year. Communication hurt this community before let's not make that an issue here, I see big things happening soon.

20. joshknifer

joshknifer Started from da bottom now we here!

How can you not love this man? The Game brings the truth.

Cogito likes this.